1. Akbari H (2015). Identification of urban injuries and abnormalities in urban neighborhoods (the old road of Quchan), Research Report, Mashhad Municipality,
2. Cultural and Social Studies Office, Advisor to the Research Deputy of Ferdowsi University of Mashhad.
3. Asian Development Bank (2010). Access to justice for the urban poor: Toward inclusive cities. Mandaluyong City, Philippines: Asian Development Bank.
4. Barry M, Ruther H (2005). Data collection techniques for informal settlement upgrades in Cape Town, South Africa. URISA Journal. 17(1):43-52.
5. Bashirieh H (2001). Lessons for democracy for all. Tehran: Negahe Moaser.
6. Sargolzai Javan T, Hadiani Z (2016). Emphasis on empowering informal settlements through increasing social capital in the Shirabad neighborhood of Zahedan. Social Welfare Quarterly. 16(63):185-214. [Persian]
7. Kamley MJ, Rezaei A (2011). Factors influencing information intelligence on public organizations in Hamadan city in 2008. Quarterly Journal of Law Enforcement Management Studies. 6(1):63-76. [Persian]
8. Karl F (2012). Participation in upgrading of informal settlements. [dissertation]. Stockholm: Stockholm University.
9. Gharkhlo M, Mire M (2007). Social empowerment, a way for marginalization (Sheikh Abad Qom). Social Sciences. 3:126-111. [Persian]
10. Majidi MR, Hemisi M (2013). Investigating the role of political and security factors in the policymaking of Iranian people's institutions. Political Quarterly. 43(3):45-60. [Persian]
11. Mayer SE (2003). Building community capacity: The potential of community foundations.
12. Moshiri F, Sarafi M, Dehban M (2013). The position of social capital in empowering and organizing communities living in informal settlements. National Conference on Geography, Urban Development and Sustainable Development. 2013, 2 May: Tehran. pp. 13-1. [Persian]
13. Movahed A, Firoozi MA, Zarei R, Zafari M (2013). The role of NGOs in participating in the reconstruction of old tissues geography Case Study: The worn-out texture of the central part of Ahvaz. Geography. 11(36):79-98. [Persian]
14. Mashhad Municipality (2013). Cultural and social pathological researches and needs assessment in Mashhad. Mashhad: Mashhad Municipality.
15. Narayan D (2002). Empowerment and poverty reduction: A sourcebook. Washington, DC: World Bank. [DOI:10.1596/0-8213-5166-4
16. Rostamzadeh Y (2012). Organizing and empowering informal settlements in urban neighborhoods by studing the attitudes of local residents, case study: Tohid neighborhooh, Bandar Abbas city. Urban Management. 29:321-336. [Persian]
17. Saeedi Razvani N, Fatemi N (2017). Research method in urban studies. Tehran: Kasra Library Publications. [Persian]
18. Sajadi Z, Sadeghi Y (2009). Establishment of NGOs to organize informal settlements case of Islamshahr, Mianabad. Scientific Journals Management System. 8(11):7-31.
19. Shekeri G, Bargozideh Z (2007). Management of local organizations and municipalities. Tehran: World Farda Publications. [Persian]
20. Roosta M, Sarvar R (2014). Principles and foundations of empowerment of target areas for urban renewal and improvement programs (informal settlements and worn out buildings). Rashidi A, Zahra Mazhab F, editors. Rey City: Islamic Azad University. [Persian]
21. UN-Habitant (2005). Slums of the Word, the face of urban poverty in the new millennium? United Nations: UN-HABITAT.