1. Alikhani, A. A. (2007). Identity and identity crisis (Second ed.). Tehran: Jahad University Press. (Persian)
2. Barreto, M., & Ellemers, N. (2000). You can't always do what you want: Social identity and self-presentational determinants of the choice to work for a low-status group. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 26(8), 891-906. [DOI:10.1177/01461672002610001
3. Behzadfar, M. (2011). The identity of city; A look at the identity of Tehran (Third ed.). Tehran: City Publishing. (Persian)
4. Bell, D. A., & De-Shalit, A. (2011). The Spirit of Cities, Why the Identity of a City Matters in a Global Age. Pinceton: Princeton University Press.
5. Berger, T. (2016). Place, Imaginary, Identity: Place Ethnography in Truth or Consequences. (PhD Thesis), The University of New Mexico, Albuquerque.
6. Brocato, E. D. (2006). Place attachment: An investigation of environments and outcomes in a service context. (Doctor of Philosophy), University of Texas at Arlington.
7. Cheshmehzangi, A. (2015). Urban identity as a global phenomenon: hybridity and contextualization of urban identities in the social environment. Journal of Human Behavior in the Social Environment, 25(5), 391-406. [DOI:10.1080/10911359.2014.966222
8. Gharab, N. (2011). Urban identity. Tehran: Rahdan, Ministry of Interior, Center of Urban Planning Studies. (Persian)
9. Ghasemi Esfahani, P. (2004). Where are we from, identity to residential buildings. Tehran: Raozaneh. (Persian)
10. Habib, F., Naderi, S. M., & Froozangohar, H. (2008). Subordinate questioning in urban discourse and identity (city phisic is subordinate identity or identity is subordinate city phisic?). City Identity, 2(3), 13-23. (Persian)
11. Hayati, A. (2010). Evaluation of identity components of urban neighborhoods in Evin district of Tehran. (Master's Thesis), Tarbiat Modarres University, Tehran. (Persian)
Landry, C., & Murray, C. (2017). Psychology & the City: The Hidden Dimension. Gloucestershire: Comedia.
12. Lewicka, M. (2008). Place attachment, place identity, and place memory: Restoring the forgotten city past. Journal of environmental psychology, 28(3), 209-231. [DOI:10.1016/j.jenvp.2008.02.001
13. Lynch, K. (1995). City view (M. Mazini, Trans.). Tehran: Tehran University. (Persian)
14. Manzo, L. C., & Perkins, D. D. (2006). Finding common ground: The importance of place attachment to community participation and planning. Journal of planning literature, 20(4), 335-350. [DOI:10.1177/0885412205286160
15. Murzyn-Kupisz, M., & Gwosdz, K. (2011). The changing identity of the Central European city: The case of Katowice. Journal of Historical Geography, 37(1), 113-126. [DOI:10.1016/j.jhg.2010.04.001
16. Nientied, P. (2018). Hybrid urban identity—the case of Rotterdam. Current Urban Studies, 6(1), 152-173. [DOI:10.4236/cus.2018.61008
17. Nofel, S. A., Kalbadi, P., & Porjafar, M. R. (2009). Investigation and evaluation of effective indicators in urban identity (case study of Jolfa neighborhood in Isfahan city). Utophaneshahr, 2(3), 57-69. (Persian)
18. Noqrekar, A., Hamzehnegad, M., & Ranjbar Kermani, A. M. (2009). An Introduction to Islamic Identity in Architecture and Urbanism. Tehran: Payame Noor University. (Persian)
19. Payton, M. A. (2003). Influence of place attachment and social capital on civic action: A study at Sherburne National Wildlife Refuge. (master's thesis), University of Minnesota.
20. Piran, P. (2005). The identity of cities; A great melee for a complex concept. Magazine Abadi, 15(48), 6. (Persian)
21. Qaraee, F. (2008). A comparison of the viewpoint of public and environmental designers on urban identity and its strengthening (case study: Shemiran area, north of Tehran). Architectural and Urban Planning, 1(1), 25-36. (Persian)
22. Rezazadeh, R. (2010). The Role and Function of Urban Identity in Promoting Citizens Identity and Their Presence in Urban Space. Shams Magazine, 8(71), 42-52. (Persian)
23. Riza, M., Doratli, N., & Fasli, M. (2012). City branding and identity. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 35, 293-300. [DOI:10.1016/j.sbspro.2012.02.091
24. Sabri, S., & Sharzadeh Mehrabi, Z. (2006). The Position of the Concept of Identity in New Towns. Paper presented at the International Conference on New Towns, Tehran. (Persian)
25. Sajjadzadeh, H. (2013). The role of attachment to place in the identity of urban areas (case study: Hamedan Tomb square). Bagh-Nazar Magazine, 10(25), 69-78. (Persian)
Shajeie, S. S. (2015). Forgotten identity in historical fabrics (case study: Historical fabric of Sabzevar). Paper presented at the National Conference on Native Architecture and Urban Planning of Iran, Yazd. (Persian)
26. Singer, T. (2010). Psyche & the city, a Soul's guide to the modern metropolis. New Orleans, LA: Spring Journal.
27. Williams, D. R., Patterson, M. E., Roggenbuck, J. W., & Watson, A. E. (1992). Beyond the commodity metaphor: Examining emotional and symbolic attachment to place. Leisure sciences, 14(1), 29-46. [DOI:10.1080/01490409209513155
28. Zanganeh, Y. (2002). An analysis of the factors affecting physical development and social-spatial construction of the city (case study: Sabzevar). (PhD), Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran. (Persian)
29. Zanganeh, Y., Hossein Abadi, S., Roshandel, T., & Nabipoor, R. (2014). The impact of place spending and social capital on participatory improvement of Sabzevar old districts (case study: Sardeh neighborhood), Urban Research and Planning, 5(19), 111-128. (Persian)
30. Zarghami, I., & Aminian, M. (2012). Urban identity and landscape (case study of Pakdasht). Quarterly Journal of Islamic Studies, 3(9), 49-58. (Persian)