1-The expansion of the philosophy and scientific thought, philosophy of geographic sciences, philosophical and ideological issues related to development (economic, social and cultural)
2. Extend methods of scientific research methods (fundamental, development and applied methods)
3. Publish related scientific and research articles.
4. Introduce and review new scientific and academic achievements (article, book, dissertation, thesis and etc.).
5. Establish new scientific issues and expand the boundaries of knowledge in geography and related fields.
6. Improve the level of knowledge of students, experts and enthusiasts.
7. Create opportunities to enhance the collaboration between researchers inside and outside the country.
8. Create the spirit of research and the motivation to conduct research in the society.
9. Assist in solving issues in the field of techniques of communication where there is a lack of cultural, social and economic links.
10. Provide new ideas in order to eliminate scientific and research needs of the country in the field of geographical sciences.
11. Use modern science and academic advancements to promote the level of science
12. Inform in the field of expert research in geographical sciences
13. Introduce, commemorate and recognize scientific pioneers, elites and top students.