1. Downton P, Jones D, Zeunert J, Roos P (2017). Biophilic design applications: Theory and patterns into built environment practice. Proceedings of the International Conference on Design and Technology Knowledge E. 2016, 28 November: Dubai, pp. 59-65. [DOI:10.18502/keg.v2i2.596
2. Hall P, Pfeiffer U (2000). Urban future 21; a global Agenda for Twenty First century cities, E & FN Spon, London
3. Harrison C, Donnelly IA (2011). A theory of smart cities. Proceedings of the 55th Annual Meeting of the ISSS-2011, 23 September: Hull, UK. 55(1).
4. Hekmatnia H, Ansari J (2012). Planning of housing in Meybod with sustainable development approach Human Geography Research. 44(1):173-190. [Persian].
5. Jomepoor M (2003). The basic components of sustainable development; people, resources, space and the role of participation in sustainable development process. Quarterly Journal of Social Sciences. 10(22):103-130. [Persian]
6. Karadag T (2013). An evaluation of the smart city approach [dissertation]. Ankara: Middle East Technical University
7. Karaman O, Sawyer L, Schmid C, Ping Wong K (2020). Plot by plot: Plotting urbanism as an ordinary process of urbanization. ANITIPODE. 52(4):1122-1151 [DOI:10.1111/anti.12626
8. Khajoo M, Tayebi Sani SM, Fahiminejad A, Morsal B (2019). Evaluating and analyzing the spatial justice in the distribution of sports applications and services in Garmsar county. Geographical Researches. 34(4): 551-558. [Persian] [DOI:10.29252/geores.34.4.551
9. Mahdavinejad MJ, Javanroodi K (2011). Comparative Evaluation of Airflow in Two kinds of Yazdi and Kermani Wind-Towers. HONAR-HA-YE-ZIBA MEMARI-VA-SHAHRSAZI. 48(4):69-79. [Persian]
10. Mahmoodi Zarandi M (2016). An analysis of the orientation, location and service spaces of wind-catchers in the native houses of Yazd. Journal of Housing and Rural Environment. 35(153):35-46. [Persian]
11. McFarlane C, Silver J (2017). Navigating the city: Dialectics of everyday urbanism. Transactions. 42(3):458-471. [DOI:10.1080/13604813.2017.1327166
12. Mohammadi Sangli K, Gharashi S (2016). Sustainable urban development; global approach with local solutions (case study: review of sustainability criteria in traditional architecture of Yazd city). Shebak. 2(4-5):87-99. [Persian]
13. Morahemi S, Yari Broojeni N, Saadvandi M (2017). The typology of Laft port wind-catchers based on facade decorations. Journal of Housing and Rural Environment. 159:19-34. [Persian]
14. Nel O, López J, Martín J, Checa J (2017). Energy and urban form, the growth of European cities on the basis of night-time brightness. Land Use Policy. 61:103-112. [DOI:10.1016/j.landusepol.2016.11.007
15. Robinson J (2016). Comparative urbanism: New geographies and cultures of theorizing the urban. international Journal of Urban and Regional Research. 40(1):187-199. [DOI:10.1111/1468-2427.12273
16. Roohi S (2014). The use of wind energy in wind-catcherss in order to reduce the cooling load of the building. The 2nd International Congress of Structural, Architectural and Urban Development. 2014, 17-19 December: Tabriz. pp. 1-13.
17. Statistical Center of Iran [Internet]. Statistical center of Iran. [Published 2019, 15 August; Cited 2019, 27 May].
18. Toronto Reference Library (2011). The living city: Report card 2011: An assessment of the environmental health of the greater Toronto area. Toronto: Toronto Reference Library.
19. Ziabakhsh N, Zad G, Davoodi A (2011). Comparative study of sustainability in residential and indigenous architecture of hot and dry climate based on wind-catchers and materials (Case study: Nain and Taft houses). National Conference on Civil Engineering, Architecture, Urban Planning and Energy Management. 2012, 12-13 February: Ardestan. pp.1-10.