1. Bagheri, M., Azamati, H. (2010), Improving citizens’ physical and mental health by urban landscape and environment designing Journal of Human & Environment, No 15 (26), (in Persian).
2. Bahreyni, H., Khosravi, H. (2010), Spatial and physical measures affecting the walk, health and fitness, case study: Hashtgerd Journal of Architecture and Urban Planning-Fine Arts, No. 43, pp. 5-16, (in Persian).
3. Bahtash, M. F., Moradi, S., Negin-taji S. (2013), Investigating the dimensions of urban form impacts on air quality, Tehran Municipality: Center for Studies and Urban Planning of Tehran city, Report 212, (in Persian).
4. Bechle, M. J., Millet, D. B., Marshall, J. D. (2011), Effects of income and urban form on urban No. 2, Global evidence from satellites. Environmental science technology, 45(11), pp. 4914-4919.
5. Bertaud, A. (2002), The spatial organization of cities: Deliberate outcome or unforeseen consequence? World Development Report 2003, Dynamic Development in a Sustainable World.
6. Bertaud, A. (2003), Tehran spatial structure: Constraints and Opportunities for Future Development National Land and Housing Organization, National Housing Committee Ministry of Housing and Urban Development, Islamic Republic of Iran.
7. Boomsazgan consulting engineering (2006), Master plan of Tehran city, (in Persian).
8. Borrego, C., Martins, H., Tchepel, O., Salmim, L., Monteiro, A., Miranda, A. I. (2006), How urban structure can affect city sustainability from an air quality perspective, Environmental Modelling & Software, 21(4), pp. 461-467.
9. Brownson, R. C., Boehmer, T. K., Luke, D. A. (2005), Declining rates of physical activity in the United States: what are the contributors?, Annu. Rev. Public Health, 26, pp. 421-443.
10. Burger, M. J., de Goei, B., Van der Laan, L., Huisman, F. J. (2011), Heterogeneous development of metropolitan spatial structure: Evidence from commuting patterns in English and Welsh city-regions, 1981–2001. Cities, 28(2), pp. 160-170.
11. Cheng, J., Turkstra, J., Peng, M., Du, N., Ho, P. (2006), Urban land administration and planning in China: Opportunities and constraints of spatial data models. Land Use Policy, 23(4), pp. 604-616.
12. Colditz, G. A. (1999), Economic costs of obesity and inactivity, Medicine and science in sports and exercise, 31(11 Suppl), S663-7.
13. Danaei, G., Vander Hoorn, S., Lopez, A. D., Murray, C. J., Ezzati, M., Comparative Risk Assessment collaborating group (Cancers. (2005). Causes of cancer in the world: comparative risk assessment of nine behavioural and environmental risk factors. The Lancet, 366(9499), 1784-1793.
14. De Ridder, K., Lefebre, F., Adriaensen, S., Arnold, U., Beckroege, W., Bronner, C., IntPanis, L. (2008), Simulating the impact of urban sprawl on air quality and population exposure in the German Ruhr area, Part I: Reproducing the base state. Atmospheric environment, 42(30), pp. 7059-7069.
15. Emami, P. (2010), Developing an appropriate model of land use planning to reduce air pollution (The case of: areas of Aghdasieh), The first national conference on sustainable urban development, The excellent center of Sustainable Urban Development, November 23-24, Tehran, Iran, (in Persian).
16. Ghadami M., Divsalar, A., Ranjbar, Z., Gholamian A. (2013), Strategic assement of urban spatial structure in the frame of sustainability (Case study: Sari City), Journal of Economy and Urban Management, No: 1-16, (in Persian).
17. Ghadami, M., Mohammadi, S.S., Gholamian A.M.T. (2012), Investigating the role of urban spatial structure on citizen’s willingness to travel by personal vehicle (Case study: Babolsar city), Journal of Research and Urban Planning, 3(9), pp.79-96, (in Persian).
18. Godish, T. (2004), Air Quality - 4th Edition: Lewis Publishers.
19. Guo, Y., Zeng, H., Zheng, R., Li, S., Barnett, A. G., Zhang, S., Williams, G. (2016), The association between lung cancer incidence and ambient air pollution in China: a spatiotemporal analysis. Environmental research, 144, pp. 60-65.
20. Hixson, M., Mahmud, A., Hu, J., Bai, S., Niemeier, D. A., Handy, S. L., Kleeman, M. J. (2010), Influence of regional development policies and clean technology adoption on future air pollution exposure, Atmospheric Environment, 44(4), pp. 552-562.
21. Hixson, M., Mahmud, A., Hu, J., Kleeman, M. J. (2012), Resolving the interactions between population density and air pollution emissions controls in the San Joaquin Valley, USA. Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association, 62(5), pp. 566-575.
22. Statistical Center of Iran, (2006), General Population and Housing Census results in Tehran, (in Persian).
23. Javanbakht Amiri, S. (2006), Computing the effect of air pollution and meteorological elements in Tehran by regression analysis approach, Master dissertation, Islamic Azad University, Science and Research Branch of Tehran, (in Persian).
24. Kahyaoğlu-Koračin, J., Bassett, S. D., Mouat, D. A., Gertler, A. W. (2009), Application of a scenario-based modeling system to evaluate the air quality impacts of future growth. Atmospheric Environment, 43(5), pp. 1021-1028.
25. Khosravi, H. (2011), Investigating the effect of urban form on the walk and the health of residents and the formulation of appropriate development model for new settlements (Case Study: Hashtgerd new town), Master dissertation in urban designing, School of urban planning, University of Tehran, (in Persian).
26. Koohsari, M. J., Badland, H., Giles-Corti, B. (2013), Designing the built environment to support physical activity: Bringing public health back into urban design and planning, Cities, 35, 294-298. doi: 10.1016/j.cities.2013.07.001(in Persian).
27. Liptay, D. M. (2009), Creating Healthy Communities Through Urban Form, Master Dissertation in Environmental Studies in Planning, University of Waterloo.
28. Litman T. (2009), Evaluating Transportation Land Use Impacts Considering the Impacts, Benefits and Costs of Different Land Use Development Patterns, Victoria Transport Policy Institute, 4 September.
29. Martins, H. (2012), Urban compaction or dispersion? An air quality modelling study. Atmospheric Environment, 54, pp. 60-72.
30. McDonald-Buller, E., Webb, A., Kockelman, K., Zhou, B. (2010), Effects of Transportation and Land Use Policies on Air Quality: A Case Study in Austin, Texas. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, (2158), pp. 28-35.
31. Meijer, M., Adriaens, F., van der Linden, O., Schik, W. (2011), A next step for sustainable urban design in the Netherlands Cities, 28(6), pp. 536-544.
32. Portnov Boris A., Jonathan Dubnov, Micha Barchana (2009), Studying the association between air pollution and lung cancer incidence in a large metropolitan area using a kernel density function, Socio-Economic Planning Sciences 43, pp.141–150.
33. Pour Ezzat, A. A., Salehi Shahrabi, N., Azimi M. (2012), Crisis management challenges of air pollution in Tehran megacity, The first conference on air pollution and noise management, Tehran: Sharif University of Technology, December 4-5, 2010, Tehran, Iran, (in Persian).
34. Ranjbar Saadatabadi, A., Azadi M. (2005), Investigating the temperature and wind fields changes resulted from developing in Tehran metropolitan, Journal of Geographical Research, No. 76, pp. 171-188, (in Persian).
35. Riyazi, H. (2012), Analysing the role of urban planning in reducing the air pollution (area of study: periphery of four air quality monitoring stations in Tehran), Master dissertation in urban planning, University of Tehran, (in Persian).
36. Rodrigue, J. P., Comtois, C., Slack, B. (2013), The geography of transport systems. Routledge.
37. Saei, M., Holakouie-Naieni, K., Mostafavi, E., Sahraian, M. A., Mahmoodi, M., Mansournia, M. A., Hosseini, A. (2014), Spatial Analysis of Multiple Sclerosis Disease in Tehran Metropolitan Zone, Iran, 2001-2012. Iranian journal of public health, 43(5), 621.
38. Saelens, B. E., Papadopoulos, C. (2008), The importance of the built environment in older adults' physical activity: a review of the literature, Washington State Journal of Public Health Practice, 1(1), pp. 13-21.
39. Safavi, S.Y., Alijani B. (2006), Investigating the geographical factors affecting air pollution in Tehran. Geographical Research, 38(58), pp.99-112, (in Persian).
40. Salehi Shahrabi, N. (2012), Pathology of Tehran’s air pollution-curbing policies (the case of ongoing projects of Tehran), Master dissertation in urban affair management, Management faculity, University of Tehran, (in Persian).
41. Samat, N., Shattar, A. K. A., Sulaiman, Y., Ab Manan, A., Weng, C. N. (2013), Investigating Geographic Distribution of Colorectal Cancer Cases: An Example from Penang State, Malaysia. Asian Social Science, 9(17), 38.
42. Schweitzer, L., Zhou, J. (2010), Neighborhood air quality, respiratory health, and vulnerable populations in compact and sprawled regions, Journal of the American Planning Association, 76(3), pp. 363-371.
43. Shah Hosseini, M. H., Bagheripour, M.J., Soltan Dalal M. M., Khoram Khourshid, H.R. (2008), Assessment of mutagenicity and carcinogenicity of tehran's air pollutants with Ames test, Journal of Hakim, spring, Vol. 11, No 1, pp. 29-39, (in Persian).
44. Siu, V. W. Y. (2011), The association between residential built environment and walking habits among older women in the Portland metro-area, Student Scholar Archive. Paper 683.
45. Song, J., Webb, A., Parmenter, B., Allen, D. T., McDonald-Buller, E. (2008), The impacts of urbanization on emissions and air quality: comparison of four visions of Austin, Texas, Environmental science & technology, 42(19), pp. 7294-7300.
46. Vafa-Arani, H., Jahani, S., Dashti, H., Heydari, J.,Moazen, S. (2014), A system dynamics modeling for urban air pollution: A case study of Tehran, Iran. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment, 31, pp. 21-36.
47. Vafa-Arani, H., Salman Jahani, H., Dashti, J., Heydari, Moazen, S. (2014), A system dynamics modeling for urban air pollution: A case study of Tehran, Iran. Transportation Research Part D, 21-36, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.trd.2014.05.016, (in Persian).
48. WHO. (2009), Cancer, Retrieved March 9, 2010, from http://www.who.int/media center/ factsheets / fs297/en/index.html.
49. Yorifuji Takashi, Saori Kashima, Toshihide Tsuda, Kazuko Ishikawa-Takata, Toshiki Ohta, Ken-ichi, Hiroyuki, Doi (2013), Long-term exposure to traffic-related air pollution and the risk of death from hemorrhagic stroke and lung cancer in Shizuoka, Japan. Science of the Total Environment, 443, pp. 397–402.
50. Yu, H. (2013), A Modeling Investigation of Human Exposure to Select Traffic-Related Air Pollutants in the Tampa Area: Spatiotemporal Distributions of Concentrations, Social Distributions of Exposures, and Impacts of Urban Design on Both. Graduate Theses and Dissertations. http://scholarcommons.usf. edu/etd/4795.
51. Yu, H. L., Chen, J. C., Christakos, G., Jerrett, M. (2009), BME Estimation of Residential Exposure to Ambient PM10 and Ozone at Multiple Time Scales, Environmental health perspectives, 117(4), 537.
52. Yu, X.J., Yang, M.J., Zhou, B., Wang, G.Z., Huang, Y.C., Wu, L.C.,Gao, X. H. (2015), Characterization of somatic mutations in air pollution-related lung cancer. EBio Medicine, 2(6), pp. 583-590.
53. Zebardast, E., Riyazi H. (2012), Analysing the relationship between neighborhood walkability and air pollution, Case study: periphery of air quality monitoring stations in Tehran, Journal of Urban Studies, 2(5), pp. 35-36, (in Persian).
54. Zebardast, E., Riyazi, H. (2015), Built environment indicators and its effects on air pollution (area of study: periphery of four air quality monitoring stations in Tehran), Journal of Fine Arts- Architecture and urban planning (JFAUP), 20(1), pp. 55-66, (in Persian).
55. Zhao, Y., Wang, S., Aunan, K., Seip, H. M., Hao, J. (2006), Air pollution and lung cancer risks in China-a meta-analysis. Science of the total environment, 366(2), pp. 500-513.